*Continental Satellite Limited (herein referred to as “Play”)
- Play may collect personal information (i.e. private information about an identifiable person), such as your name and surname, gender, age, date of birth, image, and contact details such as; home address, postal address, e-mail address or phone number, social media contacts. In addition Play may collect other personal information such as: (a) device and device event information such as your IP address, unique device identifier, the nature of the device which you used to access our site, geographic location from which you accessed our site or the geographic location of your device, hardware model and settings, operating system type and version, browser type and version, browser language, system activity, crashes; (b) log information such as sit activity information showing when and for how long you accessed and used our site and other site traffic, landing page, pages accessed, number of pages viewed and the order of view, time spent on pages viewed, the number of clicks and user interaction with the site and other site users, as well as exit pages. Play may collect your non-personal information.
- Information We Collect
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide which personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you which we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us
- Personally Identifiable Information: Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name and surname, gender, age, date of birth, image, and contact details such as; home address, postal address, e-mail address or phone number, social media contacts etc. As a general policy, to facilitate the use of playtv.com.ng content, you must provide personally identifiable information when registering or when using the website.
- Non-Personal Information: Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Websites. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Vista, Windows XP, Macintosh OS, etc.), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, NetZero, etc.), the specific areas of the Website that you visit, and the duration of your visit.
4. We Use & Share the Information Collected
- Personally Identifiable Information: The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your purchase of Play content. In the event you have become a Play Member, the personally identifiable information you submit to us will be used to identify you as an Play Member and to facilitate your access to Membership benefits. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you promotional information about our products and services or those of our other affiliated companies (“affiliated companies”), or to communicate with you about the services we have provided. In certain instances we may also share your personally identifiable information with our third party vendors performing functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our affiliated companies)? e.g., vendors that process credit card orders and other companies who provide us marketing or promotional assistance, analyze our data, assist us with customer service, etc. Our vendors agree to use this information, and we share information with them, only to carry out our requests.
- Non-Personal Information: We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
Where required, this information may include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. Play will use this information to reply to your inquiries, to provide you with requested products and services and to contact you regarding new products and services.
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
Play automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. Play may use this information to customize the advertising and content you see and to fulfill your requests for certain products and services. However, Play does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you. Play may also allow third party companies that are presenting advertisements on some of our pages to set and access their cookies on your computer. Again, these cookies are not connected to any personal information. Third party cookie usage is subject to their own privacy policies, and Play assumes no responsibility or liability for this usage.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
Play may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of Play to provide products and services requested by you. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
- User ID Tracking
Play uses Google Analytics to track and analyze website visits and usage. Google Analytics uses a unique User ID when a user is authenticated and logged in. On Behalf of Play, Google Analytics tracks users flow, location by country, language, browser and operating system, internet service provider and devices used to access playtv.com.ng. Play tracks this information to improve service to its clients but will not upload any data that allows Google to personally identify an individual (such as name, Social Security Number, email address, or any similar data), or data that permanently identifies a particular device (e.g. IP address). To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit the Google Analytics opt-out page and install the add-on for your browser. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please see the relevant help resources for your specific browser.
If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as outlined in this policy, please do not provide any personal information to Play. If you have provided personal information to Play and no longer consent to its use or disclosure as outlined herein, please notify Play at email@example.com.
9. Links to Other Sites
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be considered 100% secure. However, your playtv.com.ng information is protected for your privacy and security. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Further, Play retains your personal information only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes identified above or as required by law. Play may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of Play’s websites after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.
11. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a Child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
- Public Forums
Other Uses & Information
- IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers (computers that “serve up” web pages) automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our Websites, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report non-personal aggregate information to others, and to track the use of our Website. IP addresses are considered non-personal information and may also be shared as provided above. We reserve the right to use IP addresses and any personally identifiable information to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Website rules or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
- Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others.
- Transfer of Assets: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, the personally identifiable information and non-personal information we have about you will be transferred to and used by this acquiring entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Other: Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable information or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright or other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
- Accuracy of your personal information
We are careful to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, not misleading, and up to date. Please let us know if, to your knowledge, any information we have about you is incorrect, incomplete, misleading or out of date, by notifying us. We will take reasonable steps to correct or update the relevant information accordingly having regard to the purpose for which the information was collected or used. If you contest the accuracy of your personal information, we may elect to verify its accuracy and, if we do so, we may restrict the processing of the contested information for a reasonable period while we verify its accuracy.
- What you can do to protect your personal information
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about what you make available. For example, you may – (a) manage your privacy settings/permissions at the time of giving us your permission or at any time thereafter, by changing your settings by clicking on “My profile” on our site or on a relevant social networking site, or in any other manner which we make available on our site from time to time; (b) set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being sent by us; (c) request us to indicate what personal information of yours we have on our systems; (d) request us to correct or update your personal information or to destroy or delete your personal; (e) object to any unlawful processing of your personal information.
- Direct marketing
When you register on the site you may choose whether to receive marketing communications from us. You may also manage it in your privacy settings on our site. You may refuse to accept, require us to discontinue, or pre-emptively block any approach or communications from us if that approach or communication is primarily for the purpose of direct marketing (“direct marketing communications”). You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us: (a) at the time of registering on the site by ticking the relevant “opt-out” box; and (b) at any time by requesting us (in any manner, whether telephonically, electronically, in writing or in person) to desist from initiating any direct marketing to you.
- Changes to this policy